Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Inspiration: Katie Holmes

I've always had a hard time when it comes to choosing from a list.  If I feel I have options, I will literally drive myself nuts before deciding on just one.  If you ask me who's my favorite actress I'd always say something different!  If you ask me today, I'd say Meryl Streep in a heart beat!  I just love her!  Who doesn't?  If you ask me who's my style icon, same thing!  Possible answers:  Reese Witherspoon, Rachel Bilson, Lauren Conrad, Kate Middleton, Jennifer Aniston, Katie Holmes...and the list goes on and on...but...something 'magical' has happened!   

For years now, I've had an inspiration board in my closet.  I'm always, updating it.  My husband just loves to see me sitting up in bed, surrounded by all my magazines, scissors in hand, looking for the perfect outfit or idea.  He says I look like a school girl finishing a school project...oh, men!!!!  I then pin those pictures on my inspiration board with the idea to make my life easier when putting an outfit together.  This is how it usually looks!

This month, for the first time, all the pictures I cut or have saved from previous months are from Katie Holmes!  I haven't finish putting my board together yet, but I'm so proud to report that I do have a style icon and that icon is Mrs. Cruise!   

What I love about her:  I love her classic and effortlessly style.  But most of all, I love the fact that she, like myself, love jeans!!!  She really knows how to dress up or down any style of jeans, from skinny, to boyfriend, to high waisted.   I also love her hair styles and her minimum make-up look.  She always looks fresh, natural and young. 
Katie...
Who's my Style icon? 
Katie Holmes!
...at least until next month!...